Tuesday, December 12

Inside the Forbidden City...


IMG_1633
Originally uploaded by gregtaleck.
...is Starbucks.

Sad, I know. Actually, the entire Palace Museum (the official name of the Forbidden City) is a bit of a let down. It's one of the highlights of visiting Beijing, but, because if its forbiddenness, you enter expecting more than what you get.

I made it there early today, arriving at 10 o'clock to try to beat the crowd.

However, after about thirty minutes of being trampled by other tourists, cut off by other tourists, my photos being blocked by other tourists, tourist souvenirs being thrust in my face, I could no longer try to imagine this place without tourists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am really glad to glance at this webpage posts which carries lots
of useful data, thanks for providing such information.

Feel free to visit my homepage ... http://www.magiclend.co.uk